Monday, December 03, 2007

The Monday Chiller #26 - The Cinematic Orchestra...

Some of the more eagle-eyed among you will have noticed a dearth of posts on the Eclectic Hermit in the past few weeks. I wish I could say that my recent hiatus has been down to my constant pursuit of musical perfection and that i'm now able to present to you the most aurally pleasing sounds of the year. However, all i've been doing is working, drinking, planning for trips and most recently, getting into Jazz. More on the Jazz front later.

On the 14th of December i'm off to Switzerland to work as a ski guide for the winter. It's going to be great for me but not so much for the blog, which may well grind to a standstill while i'm away. Before I go i'll try to do as many posts as possible, which are set to include a couple of Q&As with bands that should be on your radar, and some electronica related goodness. Mashed potato anyone?

So for one of the last Monday Chillers here is some Cinematic Orchestra, a group specially bred for the purpose of appearing on this blog and giving the listener nigh-on 7 minutes of uninterrupted meditation. Sit back, turn up the volume, and enjoy a sample of our show.

The Cinematic Orchestra - Wheel Within A Wheel

The track comes from Gilles Peterson's Worldwide Exclusives CD, released in 2004. It's kind of taken me three years to get round to listening to it properly, but now that I have it'll go straight on the stereo when I need something to chill me to the core.

Buy some Cinematic Orchestra
Buy Worldwide Exclusives

Orchestraspace

2 comments:

ANS said...

nice VG4 reference there. Good to see a post...I shall miss you and your blog. What doing friday? Night out with the boys coupled with an interview and gig in leeds?

Unknown said...

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog.
Here is some useful information for you.......
Gazco Gas Fires
Gazco Stove Fires
Gazco Electric Fires
Gazco Studio 1
Gazco Studio 2
Gazco Studio 3
Gazco Studio 1 Slimline
Gazco Studio 2 Duplex
Gazco Studio 22
Gazco Gas Fires
Thanks